Special occasions are a great opportunity to give your email marketing a boost — especially during the first quarter of the year, when service and retail industries tend to see a slowdown. Luckily, Valentine’s Day ushers in the first of the major consumer holidays. Last year, consumers were expected to spend an average of $19.6 billion on the occasion.
This February, spread love through email
Get your business in on the action. And just in case you need inspiration, we handpicked 16 of our favorite Valentine’s Day subject lines to get you going. Remember, not every Valentine’s email needs to be romance-focused. Valentine’s can be equally shared by friends and families, singles and couples, florists and restaurants, retailers and more!
- Chocolates for Valentine’s Day? You can do better… — YOOX
- Those who scare together, stay together — Hot Topic
- You’ll ♥ this! — PhotoBarn
- Valentine’s Day… and this time it’s personal — Brookstone
- Our Valentine’s Day Gift Guide — The MET
- Find a gift that fits for Valentine’s Day | Fitbit
- Sip. Savor. Love. | Special Valentine’s Day Offer — illy
- Gift Ideas To Love — Original Penguin
- Love The One You’re With (Valentine’s Day Gifts For All) | Gilt City
- We’ve Got You Covered — Gentleman’s Box
- You’re a Catch! New Valentine’s Cards — Scribbler
- Love at first sight — Misha Nonoo
- Cupid Rhymes With Stupid — SinglesSwag
- No Partner? No Problem. Shop Valentine’s Gifts To Give Yourself — The RealReal
- A Gift From Your Secret Admirer. Hint: Free Shipping — Dot & Bo
- Will you be our Galentine? 💝 — Lauren James Co.
Whether you’re sending a promotion, sales reminder or just saying “Hello and Happy Valentine’s,” be sure to keep your subject lines short and, most of all, sweet!
Join 140,000 small business owners
Editor’s note: This article was originally published in 2017 and has been updated for relevance.
© 2019, Contributing Author. All rights reserved.